![]()
A man accused of fatally shooting one person and injuring another in Hollywood over the weekend was arrested, police said on Monday.
A man accused offatally shooting one person and injuring another in Hollywood over the weekend was arrested, police said on Monday
Johntavis Stevenson, 25, is facing several charges, including first-degree murder and attempted murder
Watch NBC6 free wherever you are
WATCH HERE
According to Hollywood Police, officers on Sunday arrived at the 2700 block of Arthur Street after receiving reports of a shooting
An arrest warrant said that officers found a man lying in the street suffering from a gunshot wound. Officers then gave him aid
During their investigation, officers went to the back of an apartment where the shooting happened, and they spotted a separate efficiency, the report said. They then knocked on the door, and when the officers opened it, they saw the suspect holding cellphones, cash, and a revolver
Officers told the suspect, identified as Stevenson, to get on the ground, and he was placed in handcuffs, the report said
As officers searched the efficiency, they found another person lying on the ground suffering from gunshots
Local

Miami12 minutes ago
Fight over historic Brickell church not over yet

Hollywood22 minutes ago
Man arrested after roommate altercation led to fatal stabbing in Hollywood, cops say
Both the first victim and the second victim were taken to the hospital, where the first remains intubated and in stable condition. His identity was not released
The second victim, identified as Antoine Etienne, died at the hospital
Etienne, the report said, worked as an engineer who recorded music, and during the incident said, “Don’t kill me I’m just the engineer.”
Stevenson, known as “Peanut,” was then taken into custody
Records show that Stevenson was previously convicted in Miami-Dade County on July 7, 2026, for possessing a short-barrelled shotgun, rifle or machine gun
Further details on what led up to the shooting were not released

