Meghan Markle is eyeing a return to acting after she and husband Prince Harryrelocate back to the United Kingdom
The Hollywood Reporterhas learned that she is in advanced discussions to join Guy Ritchie’s The Gentlemen, which shoots in the U.K. The part is currently being written for an unannounced third season, so it’s unclear how many episodes she would appear in. The Gentlemen season two premieres on Sept. 3. Markle met Ritchie through mutual acquaintances, we’re told. Additional details were not immediately available, and Netflix did not immediately respond to THR‘s request for comment
The news of her return to acting, first reported early Friday by Australian outlet News.com.au, comes two days after it was revealed that the couple are planning to move back across the pond. Their children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, have been enrolled in a British school and will start in September, according to reports. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expected to live in a private residence outside London, without royal trappings
Senior entertainment reporter Bronte Coy, who broke the story, told BBC Radio 4’s Today on Friday that the acting gig played a big role in the couple’s decision to move back to the U.K. “This is such a key part of the puzzle,” she said, adding: “I think when we all heard that news that Harry and Meghan were moving here, and within a matter of days, and the kids were enrolled in school, everyone was asking, what is Meghan going to be doing?” Of the acting role, Coy added : “I’m told it’s significant, and she’s very excited about it.”
The Hollywood Reporter has reached out to a rep for Markle
Markle previously was an actress, most notably appearing in seven seasons of Suits before leaving the show in 2017 amid her engagement to Harry, with plans to transition to a working member of the British royal family. However, after the couple married in 2018, they famously had a falling-out with the royal family, stepped back from their roles as working royals and moved to California in 2020
According to reports, the couple is expected to keep their home in California and another in Portugal. Harry and Meghan are not planning to take up royal duties again
It’s not been disclosed how long the couple plan to stay in England. A person with knowledge of their plans previously told that The Hollywood Reporter that the couple had such a “wonderful trip” overseas this summer with family and friends that they decided to extend their stay
After moving to California, the couple signed an overall deal with Netflix that resulted in several docuseries, including Harry & Meghan, PoloandWith Love, Meghan.That pact was downgraded to a first-look deal a year ago. Netflix also announced in March that it was exiting Markle’s lifestyle brand As Ever as a business partner.
8:30 a.m. August 21: Updated with details about the show being a Netflix project.9:32 a.m. August 21:Added that the show is The Gentlemen

